Creating accessible homes for people with disabilities
Prosser Building Services are specialists in the adaptation and refurbishment of homes for people who have disabilities. We help to tailor homes to the unique requirements of those using them, working with experienced architects who create the best possible spaces whilst retaining the feel of home. We consult closely with individuals, families, carers and health professionals to enable us to fully understand the requirements of the project from the start, and offer support and advice throughout the project and beyond.
We have a broad range of experience from smaller adaptations and modification to large redevelopments, refurbishments and extensions. We are fully trained and experienced in operating projects under the CDM Regulations. No matter how large or small your project, we understand that detail and refinements make a real difference, and we’re committed to getting it right first time.
How can we help?
- Devices and equipmentSelecting the right model, considering how they are powered and integrated into individual rooms or the entire building.
- DoorsDeciding on size, type, positioning, power assisted or non-powered.
- Bathrooms and wet roomsFittings, fixtures and systems including hoists, rise and fall sinks, baths, benches, emergency call devices and selecting the right temperature control systems for baths and showers.
- Environmental controlsPlanning the control of devices such as the TV, entertainment systems and heating.
- Hoists, lifts and supportsImplementing systems that offer the needed support without affecting the aesthetics of the room.
- UtilitiesPlanning and making decisions about how water, gas and electricity can be adapted to suit the individual’s needs.
- Hydrotherapy poolsSupply and installation of hydrotherapy pools to aid the rehabilitation and ongoing care for people who have varying disabilities.
- AccessAdvising on driveways, paths, handrails and ramps where required.
These specialist projects are often referred to us through solicitors or architects acting on the behalf of clients in cases such as medical negligence or accident compensation claims. Our partner solicitors and architects choose Prosser Building Services for our experience, quality of work and our complete-project capabilities. From design to build, we work with families and professionals to deliver accessible homes that enhance people’s lives.
Our services include:
- Consultation and early site visits for feasibility studies.
- Advice on the range of options available to make independent living as easy as possible to customers.
- Surveys and plans with the support of our partner organisations.
- Liaison with healthcare professionals and case managers.
- Costed specifications for building works.
- Project manage all works on site to completion and handover to client
- Provide a six-month defect and snagging period.
- After completion and handover to client, we provide continued support in terms of emergency call out, help and advice.
We’re happy to work as part of a team, manage the complete project or as a contractor for other organisations. We would be happy to provide references. Please get in touch for more information and to discuss your requirements.